State of California Financial Disclosure
State of California law requires disclosure of financial interest in the sponsor of a research project whether as the prime recipient or as a subcontractor; the donor of a research gift; and, under certain circumstances, the provider of materials under a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) when that sponsor, donor, or provider is a non-governmental source.
- In Phoebe, the 700-U should be added as an attachment. In addition, the paper 700-U, with original, ink signature and date, must be sent or delivered to SPO after it is uploaded to Phoebe. Please reference the Phoebe proposal number in the top, right-hand corner of the form.
For gifts, the Form 700-U must be submitted to the COI Office when a gift is received and be accompanied by any documentation associated with the gift, i.e., donor correspondence, copy of the gift check, gift acceptance forms, departmental acceptance letter, and the like.
- Overview of State Financial Disclosure Procedures - Flowchart
- Briefing Sheet - State of California Requirement to Disclose Financial Interest
NOTE: Please use Adobe Acrobat or Reader to fill out PDF forms. (If you have difficulty filling out a form, please download the form to a local computer before filling it out.)
- Statement of Economic Interests for Principal Investigators (State of California Form 700-U)
- Addendum to Statement of Economic Interests for Principal Investigators
- University Policy on Disclosure of Financial Interest in Private Sponsors of Research (APM - 028)
- UC Conflict of Interest Code